The Micro Enterprises department aims at promoting the Income Generation activities of the community, thereby ensuring a sustainable income for the families. The objective put forward by KIDS in this concern is “Skill and Income for All”.
So the micro enterprises department not only focuses on the financial implications but also on a couple of other inter-related factors like Skill of the Entrepreneurs, Sustainability of the Programme, Better Marketing Platforms, and so on.
- Skill training on specific micro-enterprises.
- Entrepreneurship Development Programmes (EDP).
- Financial support and bank linkages for starting new enterprises.
- Forward and Backward Linkages to the micro interposes.
- Market intelligence, branding, product promotion, etc.
- Association with KSBCDC (Kerala State Backward Classes Development Corporation), NMDFC (National Minorities Development Finance Corporation), Coconut Board, State Horticulture Mission, various banks. Kids works hand in hand with similar- minded organizations like KSSF (Kerala Social Service Forum) and other like-minded organizations.
Sectors under Micro-finance
- Screw pine Craft
- Water-hyacinth Craft
- Cage Fish Culture
- Value Added Fish Production Units
- Paper Bag Units
- Rabbit Rearing Units
- Organic Farming
- Poultry Farms
- Coir Making Units
- Masala Powder Units
- Value Added Coconut Production Units
- Solar Tent Dryer Units
- Chinese Fishing Nets
- Rice powder units
- Diary Units
- Readymade Garments Units
- Stationery Shops
- Flower Cultivation
- Vermin Compost