The HRD Department primarily aims at capacitating the different stake holders associated with the development activities of KIDS. Over the years, the HRD Department has been focusing on creating a platform at the grass root level of the community which enables the effective implementation of the development initiatives of KIDS.
The major thrust area of this Department is the empowerment of women, which is done through the formation and strengthening of Self Help Groups (SHGs) and its apex bodies known as Mahilamandals / Federations. The focus is on the:
- Formation and strengthening of Self-help Groups.
- Leadership training to the selected leaders from the SHGs.
- Regular Thrift and Credit system in all the SHGs.
- Gramajyothi and Women’s Day Celebrations.
- Capacity enhancement trainings to Kudumbasree units.
- Men SHGS (the groups for the construction workers, Fishermen and other specific categories).
- Supportive programmes for the Elderly(SAYAMPRAHBA)
- Supportive programmes for Children. (Poomottukal)
- Training on Friends of Coconut Tree
- Women on wheels (Autoriksha driving)